About Journal of Molecular Endocrinology
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology is a peer-reviewed journal, publishing original research articles and reviews on molecular and cellular mechanisms in endocrinology, including gene regulation, cell biology, signalling, mutations, transgenics, hormone-dependant cancers and nuclear receptors.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology is a subscription journal meaning that the Version of Record (VOR) of articles is published on a subscription basis and is only accessible to subscribers of the journal.
The journal also has a hybrid open-access option meaning that authors have the option to pay an Article Publication Charge (APC) to publish the VOR article on a gold open-access basis under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) licence. Articles published on a gold open-access basis are made freely available for everyone to read and reuse immediately upon publication, provided the terms of the licence are followed and clear attribution to the author is given.
Authors are also able to make their Author’s Accepted Manuscript freely available a non-commercial subject or institutional repository, through our green open-access policy.
For more information, please see our Open Access page.
- Time to first decision: Journal of Molecular Endocrinology aims to return a decision on a peer-reviewed article within a month
- Time to online publication: Accepted manuscripts are published online and are fully citable within 24 hours of acceptance
- Impact Factor: 3.5
Articles published in Journal of Molecular Endocrinology undergo peer review before acceptance. Key facts about the peer-review process are given below:
- identity transparency: single anonymized
- reviewer interacts with: editor
- review information published: none
If an article is not accepted for publication, we may offer the author the opportunity to transfer their submission to other suitable journals published by Bioscientifica.
More information about the peer-review process can be found on our Peer-review process page.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology publishes the following types of article:
- Research Articles
Authors can find all the information needed to prepare articles for submission to Journal of Molecular Endocrinology on our Author Guidelines page.
Once an article is ready to submit, authors are advised to visit our How to Submit page.
Submissions are managed though the Journal of Molecular Endocrinology ScholarOne Manuscripts site.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology has the following publication charges:
- Article Publication Charge: If you wish to make your article open access, the Article Publication Charge of 3000 GBP* will apply.
- Colour charges: If the print version of your article requires colour in Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, colour figure charges apply.
- Supplementary data: Bioscientifica charges a fixed charge for publication of any supplementary material, regardless of the number of files. The charge is 240 GBP*.
Please see the Publication charges page for further details and discounts.
*VAT will be charged where applicable.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology maintains the highest standards of publication and research ethics and is a member of the Committee for Publication Ethics (COPE).
Authors, Reviewers and Editors are expected to comply with Bioscientifica’s Ethical Policy.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology recognises that there are biases and inequalities in the publishing system. We are committed to scrutinising our own processes and policies to prevent bias, reduce inequality and better represent and serve our diverse community of authors, reviewers, editors and readers.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology supports open data and strongly encourages authors to publicly release all data supporting the analysis and conclusions of primary research articles, on or before publication of the article.
All primary research articles published in Journal of Molecular Endocrinology should include a Data Availability Statement.
More information is on our Research data page.
Journal of Molecular Endocrinology is indexed in:
- Biological Abstracts/BIOSIS
- Chemical Abstracts
- Google Scholar
- PubMed and PubMed Central
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE; Web of Science)
Articles published in Journal of Molecular Endocrinology are archived in LOCKSS and Portico to ensure that these articles are preserved in the long term.